Lincoln

Lincoln
Lincoln
The film was terrific and for me it was even somewhat educational because I've known that Lincoln freed slaves but I knew a little about details. So? it was interesting to watch and see the manners of people in that period of history.


Actors. These people have done great job. And here I even don't want to mention Day Lewis, personally I can't recall him playing bad. Here I can mention Tommy Lee Jones who probably also was a little bit above all great performance. I recalled Jones's character because his look surprised me a little in the end of film.

The film itself tell us about period of adoption of the Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution intended to free slaves. This process was held during Civil War between southern and northern states. The main theme in film is battle between democratic pro southern and republican pro northern congressmen. I think it wouldn't be a spoiler if I say that the amendment was successfully adopted.

The film depicts Lincoln struggling to path amendment through congress using more or less legal ways. Politics is dirty game and even if you know you would do no harm with law or something you still need to convince the majority of congress. And part of congressman is probably lobbying the opposite of your law. Faced such struggle you should carefully choose means to achieve you noble goal.